Experienced, Highly Qualified Attorneys
Prior to joining Forman Holt Eliades & Youngman, Mr. Catuogno spent the early part of his career concentrating in the representation of trustees and fiduciaries in litigation and general administrative matters. In that role, he was immersed in diverse and complex matters in varied industries including, among others, auto dealerships, insurance sales and administration groups, medical practices and retail stores. Mr. Catuogno recovered substantial sums through continuing operations, pursuing avoidance claims and selling tangible and intangible assets. Since joining the firm, Mr. Catuogno has continued representing trustees and fiduciaries.
David has been recognized for outstanding service by New Jersey Super Lawyers 2010-2013.
Mr. Catuogno also increasingly has focused his practice on the representation of creditors, particularly institutional lenders and franchisors in the hospitality industry, regarding franchising and licensing issues. In representing franchisors, Mr. Catuogno has been admitted pro hac vice in more than a dozen federal jurisdictions, diligently protecting the intellectual property and financial interests of his clients on a nationwide basis by collecting post-petition fees, maximizing recovery on pre-petition claims and insuring that post-petition operations comply with the franchise system standards, thereby preserving value for the brand.
Mr. Catuogno also represents several local financial institutions and lenders in conjunction with challenged secured loans in Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 proceedings. Whether a simple mortgage, vacant land or a $15,000,000+ loan on a mixed-use development, Mr. Catuogno aggressively protects the lender’s interest in its collateral and in achieving a maximal and prompt return on investment.
In 2009-2011, The Supreme Court of the State of New Jersey appointed David Catuogno to the District II A Ethics Committee, which investigates and makes recommendations concerning alleged attorney ethical grievances.
- American University (BS 1986)
- Seton Hall University Law School (JD, cum laude, 1990) (Seton Hall Law Review, Member (1988-1989), Associate Editor (1989-1990))
- State of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Bergen County Bar Association
- Selected By "New Jersey Super Lawyers" 2014 & 2105
- Named "Top Lawyers Of Bergen County" by 201 Magazine 2014 & 2105
- Appointed a Commissioner of the Passaic Valley Sewerage Commission 2015
- Listed in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory with an AV Peer Review Rating
- Member of NJ Governor-Elect Chris Christie's Transition Team in 2009
- Member of Kathleen Donovan's transition team for County Executive of Bergen County 2010
- Municipal Chairman, Franklin Lakes Republican Party 2004-06; 2012-present
- Member of Franklin Lakes Recreation Commission 2003 -2007 (Chair 2006)