Experienced, Highly Qualified Attorneys
Erin Kennedy has more than 25 years of experience in the field of bankruptcy. Panel trustees frequently retain Ms. Kennedy to represent their interests because of her skills in identifying valuable claims and assets and her ability to liquidate them effectively.
Ms. Kennedy is well known for her expertise in insolvency proceedings where there are complex lien and title issues. She has helped debtors liquidate over-encumbered property and has assisted in protecting and realizing equity in properties with title problems.
Ms. Kennedy is an experienced and aggressive litigator in the bankruptcy courts.
Ms. Kennedy has represented trustees in actions to recover fraudulently transferred assets and other avoidable transfer claims. She has defended creditors in preference actions and debtors in non-dischargeability actions. She also counsels debtors who have tax debt and tax lien issues to enable them to get beyond the effect these obligations have on present and future assets.
- Drew University (BA 1982)
- Rutgers University School of Law (JD 1985)
- State of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Passaic County Bar Association
- Bergen County Bar Association
- Selected by "New Jersey Super Lawyers" in 2014, 2015, 2016
- Noted for expertise in complex insolvency proceedings.