Experienced, Highly Qualified Attorneys
Ms. Lynch has established herself as one of the bankruptcy industry’s most reliable and dedicated attorneys. Early in her career, Ms. Lynch worked for a boutique bankruptcy firm in Rockland County, New York where she represented Chapter 7 bankruptcy trustees and individual and corporate debtors in Chapter 7, 11 and 13 bankruptcy cases.
Since, Ms. Lynch has continued to represent trustees and debtors and has expanded her practice to include the representation of creditors in Chapter 7, 11 and 13 bankruptcy cases. Ms. Lynch has successfully represented clients in Chapter 11 corporate cases involving real estate, trucking, manufacturing, retailing and internet services industry.
Ms. Lynch has particular expertise in representing creditors holding interests in real estate. She has successfully sought and obtained possession of property for secured lenders in Chapter 11 and 13 cases.
Ms. Lynch also has successfully represented individuals in Chapter 11 cases which enabled these individuals to retain their assets, including their homes and businesses. In many of these cases, Ms. Lynch resolved complicated lien issues, resulting in the client’s successful reorganization.
Kim R, Lynch notably represented the Chapter 7 trustee of The Russ Companies, Inc.
With her guidance, the trustee liquidated millions of dollars of inventory and other equipment and satisfied more than $13.5 million in secured debt.
Ms. Lynch has significant experience in representing Chapter 7 trustees and her services are frequently sought out by panel trustees for representation in difficult cases. Ms. Lynch represented the Chapter 7 trustee in Entertainment Publications, LLC. With the assistance of Ms. Lynch, the trustee operated Entertainment Publications, LLC until its sale, resulting in payment in full to secured creditors and the retention of almost 270 jobs.
Ms. Lynch also litigates complex cases involving real estate disputes, fraudulent conveyance matters, investments and other recoverable assets, matrimonial disputes in bankruptcy and consumer issues.
- Marist College (BS, cum laude, 1994)
- Pace University School of Law (JD, cum laude, 1998)
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Western District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Bergen County Bar Association
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC) (Director of Membership)
- Turnaround Management Association (New Jersey Chapter, Women’s Committee)
- Gives seminars on bankruptcy issues with the American Bar Association.
- Lectures on bankruptcy issues with the Bergen County Bar Association.
- Adjunct Professor of Bankruptcy Law at the NYU School of Continuing and Professionals Studies.